Read Ego-Tripping and Other Poems for Young People by Nikki Giovanni Free Online
Book Title: Ego-Tripping and Other Poems for Young People|
The author of the book: Nikki Giovanni
Format files: PDF
The size of the: 642 KB
City - Country: No data
Loaded: 1463 times
Reader ratings: 5.7
Edition: Chicago Review Press
Date of issue: November 1st 1993
ISBN 13: 9781556521881
Read full description of the books:
1. Book Information:
Author: Nikki Giovanni
Illustrator: Georgia Ford
Title: Ego-Tripping and Other Poems for Young People
Publisher: Chicago Review Press
Copyright date: 1993
Number of pages: 76
Grades: 5th – 7th
Where you identified the author: Our Textbook
2. Book Annotation: Nikki Giovanni writes poems that would be easy for children in a middle-class or low-income African American community to identify with.
3. Literary Category: Historical Fiction
4. Reading Notes: In classic Giovanni style, these poems focus on the struggles of growing up as an African American child. I don’t personally identify with much of what she writes about, but can definitely “hear” her voice and experience the feelings she’s trying to convey through her writing. These poems would be extremely useful with speaking with young African American girls, especially of the middle school age, and may help them to discuss problems and frustrations they experience in their own lives. This book also prepares students for high school Language Arts, where the textbooks often contain more popular poems such as “Kidnap Poem."
5. Characters: This question is difficult for poetry as all characters aren’t named…most of the poems are obviously from the perspective of an African American teenager or older child.
6. Related Books: Poetry for Young People by Langston Hughes
Download Ego-Tripping and Other Poems for Young People ERUB
Download Ego-Tripping and Other Poems for Young People DOC
Download Ego-Tripping and Other Poems for Young People TXT
Read information about the authorYolande Cornelia "Nikki" Giovanni is a Grammy-nominated American poet, activist and author. She has written numerous volumes of poetry and has been honored with loads of awards, including 20 honorary degrees from national colleges and universities. Her poems are undeniably authentic distillations of black life in America. She was editor of Fisk University's literary magazine. She lives in Blacksburg, Virginia, where she is a University Distinguished Professor at Virginia Tech.
Reviews of the Ego-Tripping and Other Poems for Young People
Add a comment
Download EBOOK Ego-Tripping and Other Poems for Young People by Nikki Giovanni Online free